Body image is a funny thing. One day I'm at piece with the extra chunk I have and know it takes hard work to get it off and the next I'm hating myself and too disgusted to look in the mirror. It's this constant up/down that's depressing. I hate feeling the way I do. I don't need to look model perfect, heck I don't even need to be super skinny. I just want to be back to my healthy size and to feel good about myself. I find myself making excuses for not working out. Oh the house needs to be cleaned, the kids need this, dinner needs to be made, groceries are needed, etc. It's almost easier that way because I have a legitimate excuse on why I didn't get up and be active. Then at the end of the day I feel horrible because I didn't take that 30 minutes out of my day to be selfish and work on me. I can't figure out why I feel like I need to do everything for everyone else. I need to get in the mind set that certain things can wait a little while, I don't need to run to every yell, groceries can wait a little while.
So with all that being said, I worked out today :) I did my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and plan on finally sticking with it for the full 30 days. I cut out beer and fast food (which rarely gets eaten in our house), and soda. I hope I finally have the motivation to do this for me and only me.
No comments:
Post a Comment